WELCOME to the page where you can discover how you can become a Dachshund Australia miniature dachshund puppy parent.
But get to know us first, the breeders of your puppy-to-be. Our twitter feed has about 5,000 tweets and a few hundred videos showing who we are and what we do over the past decade.
If you would like a DA puppy at some stage in the future (now, this month, next year – whenever) gain access to the Available Puppies page by registering at the end of this Puppies page.
1. Buying puppy – finding your perfect fur baby match
Dachshund Australia (DA) is proud to offer our puppies to prospective new owners who register on the form below (bottom of this page). Once registered you can view profiles of any available puppies. Note there is no fee of any kind to join the waiting list and your info is confidential.
This is a new system we have introduced in 2016 that allows more timely matching of pups to owners, plus offers greater choice with owners able to see the pup profiles as we showcase this breed with the incredible variety of miniature dachshund puppies – from coat types of wire, smooth and long, to the patterns of piebald, dapple, brindle and solid, through to the grand myriad of colours. That’s many many combos!
While there might only be a few pups at any given time, it’s fair to say that over the course of 12 months we will have presented to the waiting list community all coat types, all colours (exception isabella), and all patterns. In fact in 2016 we are introducing a new coat type for Australia (but long establish overseas: the soft wire hair; watch out for them!). And we continue to invest in genetics from the USA with our glorious long haired piebalds safely here and new parents (!) and our blue dachshunds have arrived too. The blue dachshund is rare in the USA and not found in Australia. Same for genuine piebalds; Lady Fi has brought these patterns and colours to Australia.
2. Puppies are $3600 plus $360 GST and this includes:
- pet pedigree papers
- vet health check
- microchip, registration & transfer paperwork
- internal parasite treatments (x3)
- external parasite treatments (x2)
- C3 six week vaccination (parvo, hepatitis & distemper)
- puppy’s familiar scent blanket
- wheat bag for keeping puppy warm
- basic toilet training (ready for you to consolidate at home)
- pet insurance policy for health/accident/lost (covers a 6 week period commencing 72 hours after handover)
- puppy instructions and phone/email support as needed
- all veterinary and other care of puppy from preconception through birth to handover
- lifetime care of puppy’s parents, including desexing & placement in loving pet homes or stay with us
- lifetime guarantee to take back any pup or dog we have bred, at any age and for any reason
- enrichment program for pups and adults (incl 4 acre recreation paddock with dam)
- purpose built world leading facility and infrastructure
- qualified staff
- 24/7 observation of your pup and their parents
- early retirement for mums (average 4 yrs)
- specialist pet breeding program geared for health and temperament as well as good looks
- import program from USA for fresh genes and dachshund types previously unavailable in Aust
- free collection of puppy from Doggy Central (Stratford Vic) or optional transport of puppy to a drop off locations in Melbourne or Officer (at $44/owner) or interstate transport to any airport in Australia (at $440/owner, incl gst and a new carry crate)
- a puppy
3. Extended stay provision
Puppy is handed over on the first Friday following him/her turning 8 weeks of age. This age is ideal for joining their human family, however if it is not possible to receive that day we can board puppy here for up to a week at $20/day. Alternatively, people can collect from us in Gippsland from 8 weeks onwards.
4. Payment options
Clear payment for pup
We require clear payment for puppy before handover.
All payments are declared and attract GST. We supply a full tax invoice receipt at handover.
Preferred payment method
Due to the amount of money involved, bank transfer is preferred a few days prior to handover.
We now offer credit card payment. This is through Paypal and does not involve giving us your credit card information. This service is quite costly (about $120), so we go halves on this with a $60 surcharge.
5. Agree to the Terms & Conditions
Read the Terms and Conditions. By registering below you are agreeing to abide by these terms and conditions.
6. Register to view puppies
Dachshund Australia ABN 63 603 388 558 Registered Victorian breeder, DAB 35 Wellington Shire Council